Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Details of robbery

On Saturday evening, March 21 2009, I arrived home about 9:30 pm to find the glass in my front door broken. A light was on inside the house - this light was not on when I left. Very little in the house was disrupted. There were some drawers that had been gone through, and a canvas bag was emptied. The only things that were missing were my bicycle (serial number WW 1747739) , my iPod (JQ548JNKTXK) and a set of binoculars.

My bicycle had been in a back room, not visible at all from outside the house. It was leaning up against a friend's bicycle. Someone had taken only my bicycle (and my bicycle helmet, which was dangling from the handlebars) from the back room. The other bicycle is still there. An iPod that was on a desk was also taken (the iPod would also not have been visible from outside the house).

It appears that someone broke the glass in the front door, and reached in and opened the door, then went into the house. Because a light inside the house had been turned on, I assume that this happened after dark. I live in Old West Durham, near Ninth Street. My neighbors were also away at the time.

If you see my bicycle, please call the Durham police: (919) 560-4600 Case number 09-008188

No comments:

Post a Comment